July was the month of murder mystery series for me. I haven’t read this many murder mysteries in a row in a long time. Things have been stressful again with San Antonio being such a hotspot for COVID so I’ve been reverting to reading my go-to genre, mysteries. And I’ve found a ton of really great new characters I can’t wait to read more of.
In July I read another 13 books. I’m halfway through another book right now so might as well call it 14 books read for July! I spent over 50 hours reading this month and over 4000 pages read! This puts me at 77.5 books completed for 2020, and almost 76% done with my 2020 reading goal! Yay me! At this rate I might even make it to 150 books this year, which would be amazing!
Complete List of Everything I read in June 2020
- Ten Days Gone (A.L. McKittridge #1)| ★★★★| See my full review HERE!
- No One Saw (A.L. McKittridge #2)|★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- The Lightest Object in the Universe|★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- The Shadows|★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram #1)|★★★★ |See my full review HERE!
- Cut to the Bone (Agent Sayer Altair #3)| ★★★★ |See my full review HERE!
- Caged (Agent Sayer Altair #1) |★★★★|See my full review HERE!
- Buried (Agent Sayer Altair #2) |★★★★ |See my full review HERE!
- The Mothers | ★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- Some Choose Darkness| ★★★★| See my full review HERE!
- The Suicide House| ★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- City of Windows (Lucas Page #1)|★★★★|Review coming soon.
- Under Pressure (Lucas Page #2) | ★★★★|Review coming soon.
- The Eight Detective | In progress
Favorite book of the month: Tie between A Bad Day for Sunshine and Cut to the Bone!
Least Favorite book of the month: The Lucas Page series was my least favorite this month. They were still really good four star mysteries for me but they were on the lower half of four for me.
For 2020 I am attempting at keeping myself more accountable for the goals I set myself. You can see a full list of my 2020 goals HERE. Below I have highlighted some of my progress towards these goals. This is just a snapshot, but I believe that sharing it with you, my reader, helps me to stay motivated which leaves me more likely to reach them.
- Reading Goal: 77.5% of my reading goal completed this month. This is an increase of 13.5% from May. Or 77 out of 100 books read so far this year.
- I also bought a few books this month. I added 6 from Book of the Month. I also added 6 new books to my collection because I needed to finish the above series and well, ya girl can’t be left hanging on a good series.
- My Netgallery rating stayed 25%. Once again I have zero control with requesting books so that’s on me.
- Today marks day 6 of my Whole 30 journey. I’m really tried to refocus on my health this month and that started with really trying to eat better and I’m getting back into into my workout routine.
- For the most part I posted 3x or more a week. Just trying to keep up on my reviews has really helped me to ensure consistency. If you have any ideas for posts or any recommendation lists, please let me know in the comments, and I’d be happy to put something together!
- While I am nowhere near 10,000 followers on Instagram I am sitting at 4.2K+ which is almost a 300+ follower increase for June. I’m hoping to hit 5k by my birthday in September!
July was another interesting month, as is the rest of 2020. Hopefully some sort of normalcy starts to kick in this month!
I hope you enjoyed my July Recap. What other facts and tidbits would you like to know about my reading or even about my month? If you liked this recap please let me know either by commenting below or by visiting my Instagram @speakingof_books.