Not only am I wrapping up June in this post, but also wrapping up the first half of 2020. 2020 has been a trip that’s for sure. We were starting to feel a bit more normal in our household at the beginning of the month, but we’re in quarantine again, as San Antonio is a hot spot for Covid-19 right now. The only good thing of being quarantined is more reading time!
June was a great month for reading for me. I read 12 books and honestly most of them were pretty amazing. I’m currently sitting at 64 books finished for 2020 which is 64% of my 2020 reading goal completed. According to Goodreads, I’m 15 books ahead of schedule which is way better than I did last year. I haven’t raised my reading goal for this year yet, but I think I may raise it to 125 books. Still to be decided.
Most of my reading this month was done on my iPad, as reading my ebook backlist was one of my biggest goals for June. I managed to read 8 out of the 12 books on my iPad and I’ve put a good dent in my ebook backlist.
Complete List of Everything I read in June 2020
- The Herd| ★★★★| See my full review HERE!
- Mexican Gothic|★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- After All I’ve Done|★★★★ | Review to come closer to date of publication
- One to Watch|★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- Burn Our Bodies Down|★★★★ |See my full review HERE!
- Saving Ruby King | ★★★★ |See my full review HERE!
- The Half Sister |★★★★|See my full review HERE!
- The Mountains Wild|★★★★ |See my full review HERE!
- The Last Flight| ★★★★| See my full review HERE!
- The Last Train to London| ★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- Happy and You Know It|★★★★|See my full review HERE!
- Ten Days Gone | ★★★★|Review coming soon.
Favorite book of the month: Another tie between The Last Train to London, After All I’ve Done, and The Half Sister.
Least Favorite book of the month: Mexican Gothic. I’ve decided Gothic books are not my cup of tea and I think I had such high expectations for this book that I was a little let down.
For 2020 I am attempting at keeping myself more accountable for the goals I set myself. You can see a full list of my 2020 goals HERE. Below I have highlighted some of my progress towards these goals. This is just a snapshot, but I believe that sharing it with you, my reader, helps me to stay motivated which leaves me more likely to reach them.
- Reading Goal: 64% of my reading goal completed this month. This is an increase of 12% from May. Or 64out of 100 books read so far this year.
- I caved and bought a few books this month. I ended up picking up about 5 books on my own and an additional 5 books from Book of the Month. Totally fail on not buying books this month.
- My Netgallery rating is up to 25%. This is an increase of 5% from May. At one point this month I was up to 26% but I have no control over requesting books otherwise I’d probably be at 30%. Womp Womp.
- My ankle is finally healed from a small injury. Even with that though I’ve found that the summer heat has really hampered Sadie and I from running. Our A/C wasn’t working for two weeks as well, so even running on the treadmill was a struggle. I have started to go for at least ONE good run a week and I’m working my way back up to my usual 3-4 good runs a week.
- For the most part I posted 3x or more a week. Just trying to keep up on my reviews has really helped me to ensure consistency. If you have any ideas for posts or any recommendation lists, please let me know in the comments, and I’d be happy to put something together!
- While I am nowhere near 10,000 followers on Instagram I am sitting at 3.9K+ which is almost a 200+ follower increase for June. I’m hoping to hit 5k by my birthday in September!
June was another weird month. I’m ready to get back to normal and I miss eating at restaurants with friends. But we’re committed to being safe and will continue to self-quarantine until deemed safe. Wishing all my readers and followers a safe second half of 2020!
I hope you enjoyed my June Recap. What other facts and tidbits would you like to know about my reading or even about my month? If you liked this recap please let me know either by commenting below or by visiting my Instagram @speakingof_books.