Whew, January flew by ya’ll. It was the fastest month but it also felt like it was never going to end. The best thing about a 31 day month though is, I got so much reading done this month! I read 10 books, which gives me a great start to my 2020 reading goal.
Complete list of everything I read in January 2020
- Things in Jars : Jess Kidd | ★★★★ | Full Review HERE
- The Sundown Motel : Simone St. James | ★★★★★ | Full Review HERE
- Father of Lions : Louise Callaghan | ★★★★ | Full Review HERE
- Followers : Megan Angelo | ★★★★ | Full Review HERE
- Big Lies in a Small Town : Diane Chamberlain | ★★★★★ | Full Review HERE
- The Nickel Boys : Colson Whitehead | ★★★★ | Full Review HERE
- The Last Mrs. Parrish : Liv Constantine | ★★★★
- Salt the Snow : Carrie Callaghan | ★★★ | Full Review HERE
- The Will and the Wilds : Carlie N. Holmberg |★★★★| Full Review HERE
- Behind Every Lie : Christina McDonald | ★★★★ | Full Review HERE
Honestly, January was a really good reading month for me. I read alot of great books and only had one week that I would even consider to be ‘slumpish’. In total I had two 5★ reads, seven 4★ reads, and only one 3★ read. I also got through six advanced reader copies (ARCs), read two books from my 2020 Backlist list, and knocked out two of my Book of the Month books.
My favorite book of the month though is a tie. A tie between a historical fiction and a thriller. Both The Sundown Motel and Big Lies in a Small Town were my 5★ reads and I would totally read them again.
For 2020 I am attempting at keeping myself more accountable for the goals I set myself. You can see a full list of my 2020 goals HERE. Below I have highlighted some of my progress towards these goals. This is just a snapshot, but I believe that sharing it with you, my reader, helps me to stay motivated which leaves me more likely to reach them.
- Reading Goal: 10% of my reading goal completed this month.
- I have not bought any books in the month of January, except for my Book of the Month boxes which I have listed as an exclusion.
- My Netgallery percentage is up to 10%. Still nowhere near 80% but I’m getting there.
- Ran my fastest 5K at 30 minutes even. This puts me at a 9:40 pace. Though my goal is to get my half marathon pace down to 2 hours and 10 minutes. If I can hold this pace that would put my half marathon at 2 hours and 6 minutes!
- In the month of January I posted 15 blog posts in the month of January which puts me right at 3 blog posts per week.
- While I am nowhere near 10,000 followers on Instagram I am at 2.7K which is almost a 300 follower increase for January.
- January was hard month for me workout wise. I started strong but ended the month in a funk. I lost no weight and ate terribly. I blame the weather and working from home. The hardest part of working from home can sometimes be to just stay motivated. During February I plan on doing better at not making excuses. Wish me luck.