I cannot believe how quickly this year is flying by. I didn’t read near as much as I wanted to in October. Primarily because work life has been extremely busy and leaving me completely tired. I also struggled with a huge reading slump this month, and found myself unable to decide what to read next. My biggest issues I think is that I just have way to many good books I want to read, so that when I go to actually read I get overwhelmed with choices. Do I read my ARCs? My Book of the Month books? My Netgalley backlist? All these questions pop into my head, so I’ve just been ignoring them and watching Halloween movies instead.
Even though I only read 7 books this month, I still consider it a win. I reached my 2020 reading goal of 100 books read this year. I made it through book 1 of The Wheel of Time series which is almost 900 pages. Which if I think about it, that book should really count as two because it’s so long, lol. Regardless, I read so really great books this month and a few ‘eh’ books. Regardless, I did still read some great books this month and I also read some ‘meh’ books as well. Make sure to check out my full reviews of everything I read this month!
Complete List of Everything I read in August 2020
- To Tell You the Truth | ★★★★| See my full review HERE!
- The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time #1) |★★★★
- They Never Learn |★★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- The Graveyard Book |★★★★ | See my full review HERE!
- The Year of the Witching |★★★ |See my full review HERE!
- The Preserve | ★★ |See my full review HERE!
- Ink in the Blood |★★★★| Review coming this week
Favorite book of the month: They Never Learn!
Least Favorite book of the month: The Preserve
For 2020 I am attempting at keeping myself more accountable for the goals I set myself. You can see a full list of my 2020 goals HERE. Below I have highlighted some of my progress towards these goals. This is just a snapshot, but I believe that sharing it with you, my reader, helps me to stay motivated which leaves me more likely to reach them.
- Reading Goal: 102% of my reading goal completed this month. I have officially finished my reading goal for the year! I think I’m going to try for another 23 books but we shall see.
- The only books I purchased this month were my Book of the Month Books. Since it’s a subscription it doesn’t count as buying books, right?
- My Netgallery rating is down to 21%, because ya girl has zero shelf control and went on a request binge, again!
- I’ve gained some weight in the past month but mainly it’s muscle mass. I’ve been lifting heavier at the gym in the hopes to tone. I’ll be spending the first three weeks of November trying to cut by incorporating more cardio and running into my daily activities.
- I have only 1 outstanding review for this month! I did spend quite a bit of time last week catching up on outstanding reviews but also only reading 7 books this month gave me a bit of a break as well. That definitely helped me to catch up. For the most part I posted 3x or more a week. Just trying to keep up on my reviews has really helped me to ensure consistency. If you have any ideas for posts or any recommendation lists, please let me know in the comments, and I’d be happy to put something together!
- While I am nowhere near 10,000 followers on Instagram I am sitting at 4.9K+. I’m hoping to hit 5k today, November 1st, and I think my goal will be 6k by the end of the year.
I love spooky szn but I’m ready for the holiday season to begin. Give me all the mashed potatoes and turkey!
I hope you enjoyed my October Recap. What other facts and tidbits would you like to know about my reading or even about my month? If you liked this recap please let me know either by commenting below or by visiting my Instagram @speakingof_books.